Working at Height Safety Training - 3 Hour Course 3 Year Certificate
MKD Health & Safety Training can offer businesses and individuals a Working at Height Safety Training Course anytime that suits your requirements 7 days a week in our Kilkenny Training Room or On-site in any location.
Call Mick Jones - 086 354 8461
Working at Height - why do we need training?
- Falls from height cause the majority of fatalities in construction
- Training enhances our safety awareness and risk perception
- It can help reduce risk to ourselves and others
- It can save lives and prevent injury
- It is a legal requirement
Working at Height is defined as:
Working at height in any place, except a staircase in a permanent place, where a person could be injured by falling from it, even if it is at, or below ground.
It can be working at any height:
- Working off ladders
- Roof work
- MEWPS etc.
- Working on top of a lorry or fuel truck
- Rigging lighting for concerts or stage productions etc.
- The Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
- Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Applications) Regulations 2007, Part 4 - Work at Height
- Code of Practice for Scaffolding
- Code of Practice for Safety in Roof Work 2011
- Reference www.hsa.ie for further details
Working at Height Course Content:
- What and Why
- Legislation & Regulations
- Fall Hazards
- Risk Assessments
- Safe Systems of Work
- Safe Working at Heights
- Work At Height Equipment
- Fall Arrest & Fall Restraint
- Emergencies at Height
- Equipment Care
- Instruct users in safe Harness & Lanyard Practices
- Carry out detailed inspections of Harnesses & Lanyards
Working at Height Safety Awareness Course
- Duration 3 hours
- Certificate vaild for 3 years
- €60 1-2-1
- Discount for group bookings
- €50 per trainee for group bookings 2 - 6 trainees
- €350 per class 7 - 12 trainees
- €600 per day ( 2 groups up to 12 each group)
- Delivered on your premises or ours, home visits are also available.